Shall I go over last year’s resolutions? I think I did a review half-way through the year as well. So maybe I’ll go through the midway ones. Grey is the original resolution. Blue is the comment that I made in June. Black is me Right Now.
- Arrange work in a more organized way (actually follow a schedule!)
I like to think that I have organized my work in relatively well order. However, I have placed myself in a hard position where assignments were slightly piling up and I was stressing myself out.
I have begun to prioritize things. There’s no specific order. I think I still need to figure out a better system though. To keep my desk less cluttered.
- Be more outgoing! Maybe do some work experience this year…
I did and am doing work experience. I also went outside more often with classmates. I made more friends this year. Very good!
I went places with my friends in 2019. Fun! Became better friends with some people and learned how to talk in a better way to people.
- Try to… have more self-awareness?? Also be more aware of others and where I am among them.
I seem to be too aware these days. I am too wary of myself ad my actions. Kind of tiring but it helps me understand others better. Others are also humans and have feelings and are unpredictable (as much as I’d like to predict other people…)
I am more aware. And I have developed a voice that I use specifically when ordering things and talking to teachers.
- Draw, read, and write more often to keep the creative process ongoing.
I drew throughout the year in art class and in English. I went to the library more often this year and read more books. I still have more books that I want to read. I also have many ideas for things to write about. I will get to them after summer vacation is fully in swing.
In the first half of the year, I was more creative. In the second half, I was more occupied. I also did not take an art class. Will work on this one more.
- Put more effort towards friends. (For example: go out with them, help them, be more caring, talk to them more, etc.)
I WENT OUT TODAY WITH FRIENDS. I realized that I am accidentally in many friend groups at once. Tiring as well… That’s not their fault, it’s my own for thinking too much probably.
I have narrowed down my friend group. I don’t know if I really have any friends, but I think I have at least one.
- Be more mature (how vague…) and think more before acting. Think about the consequences, how my action can affect others, and how I feel.
I think I think a lot more now. A lot more.
Lots think. Yes.
- Improve handwriting. Printing. I don’t know, just more… good-looking.
I completely forgot about this one and I actually think that my printing has gotten worse.
My printing has gotten better, to be honest. More neat and… I don’t know, mature?
- Exercise more. Go for runs, practise more table tennis (maybe arrange for more practices??), and do stretches and other exercises more regularly.
I play table tennis for four hours at a time. I should do other exercises too.
I still play a lot of table tennis.
- Plan ahead. Like… uh… Watch out for deadlines and get things done ahead of time so that I have time to look things over and get things done to the best of my ability.
Kind of redundant to be honest. This one is like number 1. Still needs some work, just like everything else.
Currently working on it.
Maybe I should make fewer resolutions. Perhaps I’ll go about growth in steps. Smaller steps.
- Stay on task. Close other tabs when there is a deadline. Resist the urge to check the phone.
- Exercise certain areas at least twice a week.
- Clean room and desk regularly.
That’s it. Start small I guess. 2020. We’ll see how it turns out.